Inteligent Retail Web ServiceFebruary 5th, 2016
Intelligent Retail but optionally supply a Web Service for developers to connect to. This SOAP driven PHP interface supplies all product data you would expect and allows you to submit completed orders. Integrating opposed to purchasing IR’s default “out of the box” Website will not suit everyone but it does give you flexibility and ultimate control over your Website.
When the web service works, it does everything an average ecommerce website would require, but unfortunately the service is not stable and outages are very common. I have log files to prove this. We have experienced whole weekends of downtime during which you cannot update your website or submit orders. And with technical support only during office hours, nobody will reset it until 9am the next working day. During downtime, orders may or may not get submitted so you need to check every order. I never like Monday mornings because I have to clear up a whole load of mess from the weekend!
The Web Service can fail in many ways:
- 1. HTTP Error 503 – Service unavailable errors:
- 2. Slow to the point that it times out after 60 seconds, leaving you unsure whether your order actually got submitted or not!
Here are the SOAP exception errors you are most likely to encounter:
- Service Temporarily Unavailable
- co.simplypos.model.website.WebServiceException: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
- co.simplypos.model.website.WebServiceException: Failed to get a connection from the container database connection pool for Retail
- co.simplypos.model.website.WebServiceException: Infinite or NaN
- Could not connect to host
- Error Fetching http headers
- Internal Server Error
It is a strange product. Integration support is given but the moment you are live; you do not have any contact with the people who actually run the web service. You can only contact support who reset the service and that gets marked as a solved issue, when actually it is a short term fix.